There isn't a whole lot of meat here, but we can glean a couple of nuggets:
- There will be a way to pick up underground, illegal contracts
- The implication from the recent WM Hanger is that these will work similar to bounties and that players will be able to place contract hits on other players.
- Obviously, the story hints you will have to go to seedy places to take contracts. TO the point of drop points, etc. This may hint at some potential UEE legal / reputation risk in taking the job or just venturing to these seedy places.
- Hits / underground bounties may be available in multiple levels: ambush / attacking the mark, total ship destruction, or actual kill (called an 'empty casket job' ... presumably a pod-kill)
- Combat logs are sited as proof, which likely just means that you get automatic credit for the kills.
- Payment is mentioned as 1/2 up front. I'm not sure if that is just color or something we could expect on really jobs to balance out the legal risks.
On a totally separate side note, I asked one of the devs in the live chat about pirate rep:
- Feb 21 2013, 11:49 AM Kinshadow: @Rob Any word on non-Citizenship / non-UEE reputation? Can we gain with pirate clans to the point the NPCs won't attack us?
- Designopotamus: @Kin: that's where I'm leaning.
*fingers crossed* :)