There hasn't been a lot of 'big' Star Citizen news for the underworld lately, but there has been a number of small updates that deserve mention:
- Spider concept art was released a couple weeks back, which is the SC primary pirate and underworld haven. The art looks great and I am very excited to fly through that station. We haven't heard if Spider docking will be automatic or if you'll get to weave through those hulks, but my fingers are crossed for heart-racing narrow passages.
- The last Jump Point also has some Spider / Cathcart details. I plan on writing up some thoughts and extra implications of that info, but may wait until CIG release more of that info officially. Either way, no subscription spoilers. ;)
- The Exchange looks to already be planning pirate races through Cathcart and potentially through Spider itself. Check out the RSI forum thread for more info.
- RSI has added a new 'Ask a Developer' forum section where some interesting info is being asked and answered. Nate Blaisdell's thread mentions some implications to the reputations system and some TBD effects of such. Again, fingers crossed for many pirate / underworld groups to gain rep with. I hope that working rep with multiple criminal organizations would give a underworld alternative to UEE Citizenship in terms of friendly ports of call and underground perks.
- Other updates of note : Advocacy Shield Art and other UEE Logo Art- Sure to be a centerpieces of many pirate asteroid dart boards across the galaxy. Terra Concept Art - I'd like to see the deco for the seedier side of the planet, but the direction is definitely cool.