Just in case you aren't following the RSI Spectrum Dispatch feed, there was a whole post on the ‘cost of crime’. Here’s a rundown of the new info:
- Piracy and all PvP activities are hinted at being highly profitable themselves, but having high incidental costs. So, it seems there will be a heavy bias on profit per skill for pirates, smugglers, and such.
- Ship damage will be a major cost in game. This doesn’t seem to be a pirate-only thing, but those who engage in combat will have higher bills than those who stay risk-free
- There will be legal fees. I assume this means if your ship gets destroyed in a lawful sector and the Advocacy picks you up
- Medical costs are also mentioned as an issue for those skirting the law. As shady doctors are mention, I’m guessing that ‘death cost’ in game is handled by either medical or legal fees for the criminal element depending on the sector. Perhaps this a benefit of Citizenship as they won’t pay a rescue fee in UEE territory?
- Off load fees and laundering fees for stolen goods. Pretty much a given.
- The most interesting part of the post is an ID management system where you can purchase fake IDs and use those to get around. It mentions you must keep track of the cleanliness of the IDs, but I’m crossing my fingers we’ll see a plugin / UI mod for that. The good news here is that piracy doesn't make you an untouchable in UEE space. Those of low repute will still be able to mix and match their income sources and switch IDs to take advantage of ‘opportunities’.
- Bribes are mentioned though they are mentioned as risky. It will be interesting to see where they give you this option.